Spirit 1.0 Evo electric outboard recharges under sail
The 48 volt Spirit 1.0 Evo is the first ever electric outboard motor with regenerative charging built in. This pioneering innovation of hydrogenation means the outboard recharges under sail – adding to its all-round environmentally sustainable credentials.
The Spirit 1.0 Evo is ideal for:
- cruising or racing sail boats
- reduce any need for fuel tanks
- less weight on board
- removes chance of oily bilges
- quick and clean to store onboard
Launched in 2021, the Spirit 1.0 Evo has a similar range and specification as the Spirit 1.0 Plus.
Power and range
The Spirit 1.0 Evo has the power to easily match a 3hp, 4 stroke petrol outboard. It can propel a 10ft tender and a day sailer or sports boat up to 1.5 tonnes.
- Full throttle: 1.15 hrs of run time.
- 4.5 mph: continuous 5 hrs, up to 22 miles
Flexible remote controls
The Spirit 1.0 Evo Remote has the added option to:
- remove the tiller
- add an interchangeable wireless or wired remote control
This makes it a highly flexible electric outboard, for use across a variety of different boats.
The fold-down and removable tiller version is perfect for sailing boats and sportsboats such as a J70. The remote controls can be easily fitted to either a tender console or inside a motorboat cockpit.
Control systems for Spirit 1.0 Evo
- 3.2″ real time display
- mounted easily in any cockpit
- ideal for sailing & motor boats
- sleek, low clutter
- remote controller with forward/reverse speed
- console mounted control
- console mounted
- remote control
- stepless forward & reverse speed and heading control
- 105° rotatable grip for excellent manoeuvrability
- LED screen read out – range, speed, time & energy consumption
Recharge your electric outboard motor under sail
The Spirit 1.0 Evo can recharge its own battery for even more sustainable sailing.
Keeping the outboard fixed to the transom with the propeller in the water whilst sailing at 4 knots boat speed or above, the hydrogeneration system creates about 40w of power.
At 10 knots you achieve around 300 watts of recharging power. This is stored in the batteries and can be used to supply other onboard electronic appliances
Above 10 knots the system goes into protection mode, staying at around 300 watts of power regeneration
The Spirit 1.0 Evo is super easy to use, carry and store:
- floating battery is easy to install and secure on the shaft
- simply plug in the cable
- press button to start – there’s no effort pulling starter cables
- twist the handle to go forwards or backwards
- tilt the engine up when not in use to reduce drag.
- back light on display screen for easy night-time boating
Evo safety wristband & remote control
Also new is the easy-to-use, wearable safety wrist band. Fully waterproof, the wristband connects with the Evo Tiller or the Evo Top mount controls.
It allows you remote steering and operation, so that you can move freely around the boat. It’s a safety aid too. In a MOB situation (man overboard) you can simply cut the engine!
- fully waterproof, rated IP67
- connect up to 8 wrist bands per outboard motor
|COMPARISON||Spirit 1.0 Plus outboard||Spirit 1.0 Evo with tiller||Spirit 1.0 Evo + remote control|
|Power ||1 kWh
|Equivalent power||3 hp|
|Integrated battery capacity||1276 Wh|
|Control system||Integrated tiller||Evo Tiller||Evo options:
Remote control wireless
Dual mount remote control
- Extra short
includes Evo Tiller
Includes remote kit
|Battery weight||8.7 kg|
|Battery life||500 cycles at 80% DoD|
- Extra short
|Trim / tilt angle||manual, 0°, 7°, 14°, 21°
|Propeller||11″ × 5.8″ 2-blade composite propeller|
|Motor control method||Field oriented control|
|Cooling - motor & control units||Natural cooling|
|Max overall efficiency||55%|
|Input voltage||39 V - 60 V|
|Rated RPM - propeller speed||1200 rpm|
|Gear ratio||N / A|
|Static thrust||316 N / 71 lbs|
|3rd party battery compatible||Yes|